With an award-winning school system located in a Town where over 53.6% of the residents have a bachelor’s degree or higher, Collierville is the smart choice for business relocation and expansion.
Collierville School System
The Collierville municipal school system employs over 700 faculty and staff members who serve 7900 local students. After decades affiliated with the Shelby County School System, the new Collierville Schools system was established in 2014. Based on the credo of Scholarship, Integrity and Service, Collierville Schools are positioned to continue their long tradition of excellence.
In September 2015, another milestone was reached in Collierville’s quest to secure quality education for its students, when the Town officially sold $93.5 million in general obligation bonds and clearly established the funding for the construction of a new high school.
The current draft plan shows the new Collierville High School will consist of 450,000 square feet of classrooms and labs, enough to accommodate 3,000 students. It will also include a 5,000 seat football stadium and full complement of athletic and extra-curricular venues. The library in the new CHS will house over 21,000 books and will host a computer lab as well as a community room. The academic wings will be segregated by subjects taught. STEM will have its own facility, as will CTE.
Collierville Schools at a Glance
|2016 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists||6|
|4-Year Graduation Rate||95%|
|Students Attending Four Year College||85%|
- US News, in their 2016 “Best High Schools” rankings, lists Collierville High School as the 10th best high school in the State of Tennessee.
- Largest 30 and Above ACT Club in Shelby County.
- In their 2016 rankings, The Washington Post ranked Collierville High School as the 11th Most Challenging Public High School in Tennessee.
- St George's Independent School a prestigous private college preparatory school (6-12 grades) is located in Northwest Collerville
The University of Memphis
|The University of Mississippi (One hour from Collierville)||23,838|
|Christian Brothers University||1779|
|Southwest Tennessee Community College||19,989 / Numerous Regional Campuses|
|Tennessee College of Applied Technology||787 / Specialty Jobs Training|
|The University of Tennessee Health Science Center||2504 / Nursing, Medicine, Dentistry|
|Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences||1021 / Nursing and Health Sciences|
|The Southern College of Optometry||484 / Doctor of Optometry|
- The new University of Memphis Collierville Center (see picture above) opened to students in January, 2015. Projected enrollment is 1200.
- 53.6% of Collierville residents have a Bachelor’s degree or higher.