The Greater Memphis area, including Collierville, provides abundant entertainment, cultural, dining, music, shopping and sports related options. There is ALWAYS something amazing to do in the area!
The Sporting News recently ranked Memphis #47 out of 150 North American cities on their list of BEST SPORTS CITIES.
- The Memphis Grizzlies, perennial contenders in the NBA's Western Conference, bring their unique brand of "grit and grind" to the Memphis area professional basketball fan.
- The Memphis Redbirds are the Triple-A minor league baseball affiliate to the St. Louis Cardinals, of Major League Baseball.
- The University of Memphis Tigers play hard-nosed football at The Liberty Bowl and up tempo basketball at The FedEx Forum. Memphis bleeds "Tiger Blue"!
- The PGA Tour comes to Memphis every summer, bringing the top golfers in the world to compete in the FedEx-St. Jude Classic, at TPC-Southwind.
From music to art, from history to children's activities, the Memphis area museum scene has it all!
- Morton Museum of Collierville History: Local Collierville museum that showcases the history and heritage of the area. colliervillemuseum.org
- National Civil Rights Museum: Recently remodeled museum that traces the history of the Civil Rights Movement in the U.S. civilrightsmuseum.org
- Brooks Museum of Art: Oldest and largest art museum in the State of Tennessee. brooksmuseum.org
- Memphis Rock n' Soul Museum: Music museum located on legendary Beale Street. memphisrocknsoul.org
- Pink Palace Museums: A wide-ranging collection of historic, educational and technological attractions. memphismuseums.org
- Children's Museum of Memphis: Fun and educational museum with lots of hands-on for children. cmom.com
- Graceland: Home and estate of Elvis Presley. graceland.com
Year round mild to moderate temperatures allow Memphians the opportunity to enjoy a variety of outdoor activities.
- The Town of Collierville manages over 800 acres of parkland and natural areas, as well as 30 athletic fields, 10 tennis courts, 10 modular play structures, 2 spray parks and 15 miles of Greenbelt trails. In addition, the new 108-acre Hinton Park is planned to open in late 2015.
- The Jack Nicklaus designed Spring Creek Ranch course and the Arnold Palmer redesigned Memphis National Golf Club are both located in Collierville, Tennessee. There are 17 additional golf courses located within 20 miles of Collierville....this is a GOLF AREA!
American Style named Memphis one of America's TOP 25 ARTS DESTINATIONS based on the richness and variety of its visual arts sites, activities and events.
- Collierville Harrell Theatre: Our Collierville community theater has supported local visual and musical arts since 1987. harrelltheatre.org
- Orpheum Theater: Former opera hall hosts touring theater troupes, music arts, opera and ballet performances. orpheum-memphis.com
- Cannon Center for Performing Arts: Home of the Memphis Symphony Orchestra, a world class center hosting music and theater events. thecannoncenter.com
- Levitt Shell: Open-air outdoor theater hosting many free concerts by national and international touring acts. levittshell.org
- Carriage Crossing Lifestyle Center: Collierville's first class, open air retail / restaurant / lodging center. This 800,000 sf lifestyle center provides over 75 shops, a hotel and numerous fine dining options. shopcarriagecrossing.com
- Historic Downtown Collierville: The historic Town Square is a delightful mix buildings that are home to many charming antique and specialty shops. Pedestrian friendly streets, lazy park benches and quality shopping.
Memphis, with a MSA population exceeding 1.3 million, offers a depth and breadth of shopping, dining (BBQ!!) and lodging alternatives.