Collierville's strength is an educated workforce located at a strategic crossroads, with access to a large labor pool in the Memphis MSA.
- The total labor force in the Memphis MSA is 607,820.
- 53.6% of Collierville residents have a bachelor's degree or higher!
- Tennessee is a right-to-work state.
- Within a 20 Mile Radius of Collierville there are 125,452 high school graduates, 133,364 some college-no degree and 186,483 Bachelor’s Degree+.
Collierville Area Universities
- The University of Memphis at Collierville (see picture above) / 1200 students
Major Memphis Area Colleges, Universities and Specialty Schools
- The University of Memphis / 21,480 students
- The University of Mississippi (One hour from Collierville) / 18,423 students
- Rhodes College / 1842 students
- Christian Brothers University / 1779 students
- LeMoyne-Owen College / 600 students
- Southwest Tennessee Community College / Numerous Regional Campuses
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology / Specialty Jobs Training
- The University of Tennessee Health Science Center / Biomedical, Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing
- Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences / Nursing and Health Sciences
- The Southern College of Optometry / Doctor of Optometry
Employment by Industry - Memphis Metro Employment by Industry, 2012-2013
|Natural Resources, Mining & Construction||20,400||20,600||-1.0|
|Transportation, Warehousing & Utilities||63,900||64,700||-1.2|
|Professional & Business Services||86,100||84,400||2.0|
|Education and Health Services||86,400||84,600||2.1|
|Leisure and Hospitality||63,400||62,900||0.8|
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2013